At YAK ACCESS and our business units, it’s our goal to provide the best service to our customers with quality, competitive and diverse suppliers and partners. We have developed a plan to expand our utilization of diverse suppliers to provide more inclusion in our daily operations.
These suppliers must meet specific criteria in size and diversification categories including:
- Minority-Owned Business (MO)
- Woman-Owned Business (WO)
- Veteran-Owned Business (VO)
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDV)
- HUBZone Business (HZ)
- Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
- Disability-Owned Business Enterprise (DOBE)
- LGBT-Owned Business Enterprise (LGBTO)
Our suppliers are evaluated on the above criteria as well as price, availability, quality, customer service, and other business requirements that must meet the needs of our customers and our business units.
WHO ARE YAK’S SUPPLIERS?
Throughout YAK ACCESS and each of our business units, we conduct business with suppliers that include:
- Freight shippers
- Lumber suppliers and mat manufacturers
- Software and office services
- Marketing and promotional services
- Equipment companies
- Services partners (clearing/vegetation management, etc.)
OBTAINING OUR GOALS
In order for us to obtain our goal of maintaining and expanding business with diverse businesses, our teams will:
- Identify and continuously seek vendors that meet the diversification criteria listed above to expand our network of qualified suppliers.
- Track and measure our spend and utilization with diversified suppliers.
- Ensure our staff throughout all business units and YAK ACCESS understand the value and importance of utilizing diverse businesses in our purchasing process.